[omniORB] omniNotify Performance Tuning Question

Patrick Vaughan plvaugh at sandia.gov
Tue Aug 5 17:55:13 BST 2003

Greetings,

I've been running an application which uses omniORB/omniORBpy with
omniNotify.  Everything works, but the performance in respect to event
passing seems quite slow.  The load on the system is about 15-20 events
per minute.  I'm seeing delays of around a full minute from the time an
event is sent to the time the event arrives.  I've run the application
on both a Mac OS X 10.2.6 system and a Red Hat Linux 7.3.2 system.  The
delay is about the same regardless of the system I run the application
on.

Any suggestions on how to decrease the delay in event delivery would be
appreciated.

Thanks.