[omniORB] Compiling omniORB 4.0.1 with Visual C++ .NET 2003(7.1)

Matej Kenda matejkenda@volja.net
Wed Apr 30 07:20:02 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 20:21, Peter Klotz wrote:
> > Duncan, thanks. It helps. Please find attached a patch that adds this
> > particular define for VC 7.1 only (compiler version 13.10).
>
> Could you tell me about your approach for compiling omniORB 4.0.1 with
> VS.NET 2003?

I haven't noticed until now that the mail subject is misleading: I have
omniORB itself already compiled; I just compiled CORBA clients and
servants with the new compiler.

> As far as I realized Microsoft no longer ships the old iostream library with
> their 13.10 compiler.
> Since omniORB depends on include files like iostream.h I assume it did not
> compile out of the box.

I'm afraid that that next versions of g++ will also drop support for old
iostream, because I have seen warnings when compiling on Linux.

Best regards,

Matej