[omniORB] Compiling omniORB 4.0.1 with Visual C++ .NET 2003 (7.1)

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Apr 29 12:28:01 2003

On Monday 28 April, Matej Kenda wrote:

[...]
> As far as I have found out, the cdrStream's operators are on the global
> scope and the original function call should succeed. But the compiler
> didn't list the proper operator among those that it tried to use. See
> the output below.
>
> Is this a bug in the compiler?

I think it's a bug. These days, cdrStream.h has an alternative version
of the friend functions, outside the cdrStream class. You could try
defining OMNI_NO_INLINE_FRIENDS in CORBA_sysdep.h, and see if that
helps.

I'm pretty certain that the stubs explicitly caller operator >>=
because other compilers fail to find the operator if the other form is
used, so I don't particularly want to change the stubs.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --