[omniORB] omniORB through a fire wall

Fred Cook ftcook@speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 24 17:07:02 2003

It would be nice to be able to specify a set of open ports so one could
set up a fire wall between a client and server.  We really need this.
It sounds like IIOP doesn't like to be limited to specific ports.  Is
the security service the answer to this problem?  If so, are there any
plans for a omni Security service?

-Fred

On Monday 21 April, "Gorczowski, Michael" wrote:

> Is there a way to specify which port omniORB uses on a local machine
> establish a connection with a remote one?  I suppose this is almost
the
> opposite of the ORBendpoint setting from the server side.

There is no way to do that. Why would you want to?  I don't see how it
could work, anyway, since in general a client opens many connections,
sometimes to a single server.