[omniORB] omniORB problem with giopServer on win32...

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Apr 23 16:07:02 2003

On Wednesday 23 April, Thomas Zumbiehl wrote:

> At this time, I have a slight problem when the ORB is receiving a GIOP
> request: It says that there is garbage at the end of message. This occurs
> when I am connecting with a Java client with JacORB. I tried to make a fake
> C++ client with omni with does not have this kind of problem (knowing the
> Java client is ran on a WinMe, while the fake C++ client is ran on a Linux).

Are you sure you are using the same IDL definitions everywhere?
omniORB thinks the GIOP message contains more data than necessary for
the IDL, which is usually a sign that the receiver is using different
IDL to the sender. If you are using the same IDL everywhere, please
send a copy of it so I can see whether the GIOP traces are correct.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --