[omniORB] OB on NetBSD now builds

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon Apr 14 10:40:02 2003

On Saturday 12 April, "Zed Shaw" wrote:

> I just got the NetBSD port to build with a minimum of changes to the
> source.  In order for it to build, I needed to modify:

Great. I thought it would be easy.

> PTYHON=/usr/pkg/bin/python2.2 ../configure
>
> To run the configure so that it would find the python instance

It's actually better to do it with

  ../configure PYTHON=/usr/pkg/bin/python2.2

That way, the configuration remembers the config.

> After that, everything seemed to build just fine.  I have not tested
> it yet but I will tonight.  Is there a test suite I can use, or just
> run the examples?

Obviously you should try the examples. If you want to test it more
fully, you can get the whole omniORB testsuite, plus several others,
from cost.omg.org. The omniORB suite (in the ATT directory) should
work easily. Most of the ORBacus test suite should work too.

> Now, the big question is, how do you want the changes submitted?  With
> a patch?  What style?  Particular program?  Sent to list?  To you Duncan?

Please send a unified diff or, failing that, a context diff. Send it
just to me, and I'll check it in.

> Also, is it alright if I post instructions on how I did this to the
> Wiki on the omniorb site?  It might help others in the future.

Yes, of course. That's the whole idea of the Wiki. I've created a
PortingNotes section you can extend.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --