[omniORB] OB on NetBSD now builds

Zed Shaw zedshaw@telus.net
Sun Apr 13 02:45:03 2003

Hi,

I just got the NetBSD port to build with a minimum of changes to the
source.  In order for it to build, I needed to modify:

* configure.ac and generate a new configure
* mk/beforeauto.mk.in -- added a new section for NetBSD similar to
FreeBSD
* include/omnithread.h -- added a section for __netbsd__

I then needed to use the command:

PTYHON=/usr/pkg/bin/python2.2 ../configure

To run the configure so that it would find the python instance (NetBSD
insists on not having a default, stupid).  The only other requirement is that
all the GNU tools must be installed from pkgsrc (gmake, autoconf, etc.)
and that you need to install pth so you can use the pthread compatibility
layer it has.

After that, everything seemed to build just fine.  I have not tested it yet
but I will tonight.  Is there a test suite I can use, or just run the examples?

Now, the big question is, how do you want the changes submitted?  With
a patch?  What style?  Particular program?  Sent to list?  To you Duncan?
Thanks.

Also, is it alright if I post instructions on how I did this to the Wiki on the
omniorb site?  It might help others in the future.

Zed