[omniORB] Minor patch to windows build

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri Apr 11 15:01:01 2003

On Wednesday 9 April, Harri Pasanen wrote:

[...]
> Can you elaborate how it fails?   I'm currently struggling with a
> similar thing, building first python23a2, and then building omniorb
> using that on Win2000.  Works fine on linux, but on Win2000 the cxx
> backend barfs:
>
> omniidl fatalError occurred: Fatal C++ backend
> An Attribute error exception was caught
>
> I've tracked the problem to re module, it does not find re.sub.

Have you tried running the C++ backend in debug mode, with omniidl
-bcxx -Wbdebug. That might give more information about what goes
wrong.

> Somehow the re.py wrapper doesn't get sre imported to its namespace.
> I wonder if omniidl messing with the import mechanism?

omniidl doesn't mess with the import mechanism. On Windows omniidl is
an executable linked against the Python library, so that might explain
the problem. Try setting the PYTHONVERBOSE environment variable before
running omniidl. That might produce something useful.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --