[omniORB] I Want to Port OmniORB to NetBSD

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw@telus.net
Wed Apr 9 21:00:03 2003

Hi Duncan,

Well, now SCons I do know well enough to hook you up with a super nice
build.  I can even throw in a unit testing suite if you're interested.
One which doesn't require an outside project to use.  I saw a message
from Kevin Wooten along a similar vein, so I'll talk with him too about
possibly doing it together.

The question is though, do you want a scortched earth policy where I
completely abandon the old build system when I make the new one?  If I
can abandon the old one, then everything will be nice and clean, but
you might lose some people on some platforms temporarily.  If you keep
the old one, then you can provide a nicer migration path for those who
can't do the SCons build.

Otherwise, I'll whip something up tonight and send you the goods.

Zed

On Wednesday, April 9, 2003, at 07:11 AM, Duncan Grisby wrote:

> Actually, if you know how to drive SCons, I would be extremely
> interested in support for building omniORB with it. As I say, the
> current build process is a nightmare, and I really want to get rid of
> it.

-----
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/