[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.1 hangs in giopServer::deactivate()

Bastiaan Bakker Bastiaan.Bakker@lifeline.nl
Tue Apr 8 13:21:01 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 13:32, Duncan Grisby wrote:
> On Friday 4 April, Bastiaan Bakker wrote:
>
> > The giopServer still has one 1 connection (pd_nconnections == 1), so I
> > guess it's waiting for it to close. But I don't see where this is
> > supposed to happen...
> > Can anyone give me hint on how to proceed to debug this?
>
> Please can you post a trace with -ORBtraceLevel 25 -ORBtraceThreadId
> 1.

No, I cannot: I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with high
tracelevels, even though it shows up consistently without tracing :-/
But on the other hand I did find a missing _duplicate(), which solved
the immediate problems I had. I still can't do a proper shutdown() but
for this particular server that is not very important. Further
investigation of the problem has to wait after the current release
deadline. I'll try to follow up later....

Thanks,

Bastiaan Bakker
LifeLine Networks bv