[omniORB] omniNames Servers

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Apr 8 13:03:01 2003

On Tuesday 8 April, Silvia Andreia Rocha wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible for an object to say to omniNames
> to find an object in the naming server of a given machine?

That's not really the right question to ask. The normal way of using a
CORBA naming service is not to run an instance on each machine, but to
have a single one for a complete domain.

> I suppose that the naming service servers in each machine would havo
> to comunicate, does omniNames create a fedarated naming graph for
> this type of operations ?

If you want to federate name servers, you just link the naming
contexts from one into the naming contexts of the other.

If you really want to run separate name servers on each machine, you
can just refer to them with corbaname URIs given to string_to_object.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --