[omniORB] protocol error

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Apr 8 11:54:02 2003

On Wednesday 2 April, Bowie Owens wrote:

> I am having some trouble with omniORB 4.0.1 and omniORB-py 2.1 on Linux
> and OSF1. I am trying to send over giop sequences of moderate length
> (55000 elements). The client sends a request for a number of objects,
> the server allocates and activates that many objects, and then returns a
> sequence of references to the objects. The allocation/activation works
> but returning the sequence causes the following error messages:
>
> omniORB: To endpoint: giop:tcp:138.194.28.45:52049. Send GIOP 1.2
> MessageError because a protocol error has been detected. Connection is
> closed.

I suspect you are hitting the default message size limit of 2MB. Since
omniORB has already started sending the message when it notices that
it's too big, it is too late to send a MARSHAL exception, so it turns
into a message error. Try setting the gipMaxMsgSize parameter to a
larger value.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --