[omniORB] How to make OmniORB's IDL compiler

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Apr 3 15:41:01 2003

On Thursday 3 April, Doru-Catalin Togea wrote:

> After making changes to "idl.ll" or
> "idl.yy" files, (I don't remember which one it was), I tried to issue the
> make command from both the cxx directory and from the omniorb directory.
> In both cases make went through some underdirecories and reported for each
> one that there is nothing to be done. I had hope that some make rule would
> would catch up the fact that either "idl.yy" or "idl.ll" has been changed
> after the last time make was run, and that it would trigger the making of
> the compiler again.

The make rules to rebuild when idl.yy and idl.ll are changed are
commented out in cxx/dir.mk. Just put them back in, remove the source
files from the source tree, and run make.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --