[omniORB] How to make OmniORB's IDL compiler

Doru-Catalin Togea doru-cat@ifi.uio.no
Thu Apr 3 14:53:02 2003

Hi!

I want to make changes to OmniORB's IDL compiler and rebuild it. How do I
make it without making the whole ORB?

After making changes to "idl.ll" or
"idl.yy" files, (I don't remember which one it was), I tried to issue the
make command from both the cxx directory and from the omniorb directory.
In both cases make went through some underdirecories and reported for each
one that there is nothing to be done. I had hope that some make rule would
would catch up the fact that either "idl.yy" or "idl.ll" has been changed
after the last time make was run, and that it would trigger the making of
the compiler again.

Thanks if you can help,
Catalin

--

	<<     We are what we repeatedly do.      >>