[omniORB] Deferred exception in oneway method

Serguei Kolos Serguei.Kolos@cern.ch
Thu Apr 3 14:29:01 2003

Hi

Probably this is a well known feature of the oneway methods in CORBA,
but I was unpleasantly surprised when found that the nonexistence of
the remote object is not  recognized correctly if one doing a oneway
request to it. Consider the following scenario (I did it using omniORB):
1. I started the server which implements oneway method
2. start client which calls this method once per 5 seconds
3. client calls the method successfully
4. I kill the server
5. (5 seconds later) client calls the method again ... and does not see
any problems
6. (5 seconds later) client calls the method again ... and got
SystemException

Does anybody know is it possible to get rid of the step 5 in this scenario?

Cheers,
Sergei