[omniORB] protocol error

Bowie Owens bowie.owens@csiro.au
Wed Apr 2 01:54:02 2003

Hi,

I am having some trouble with omniORB 4.0.1 and omniORB-py 2.1 on Linux
and OSF1. I am trying to send over giop sequences of moderate length
(55000 elements). The client sends a request for a number of objects,
the server allocates and activates that many objects, and then returns a
sequence of references to the objects. The allocation/activation works
but returning the sequence causes the following error messages:

omniORB: To endpoint: giop:tcp:138.194.28.45:52049. Send GIOP 1.2
MessageError because a protocol error has been detected. Connection is
closed.
omniORB: From endpoint: giop:tcp:138.194.28.45:52048. Detected GIOP 1.2
protocol error in input message. Connection is closed.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a problem with the
implementation? Any guidance on how to begin debugging this would be
most appreciated.

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie.Owens@csiro.au