[omniORB] Cannot initialize SSL support at all

Vladimir Panov gbr@netel.bg
Mon Sep 30 14:53:01 2002

OpenSSL 0.9.6e, Slackware Linux 8.1, built using GCC 3.2 with the
following configuration:
./config --prefix=/usr --openssldir=/etc/ssl 386
(i.e. just like the original Slackware package, but I have rebuilt it to
include the patented algorithms back).

http://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_library_init.html# says:

|1. SSL_library_init()| must be called before any other action takes place.

|2. OpenSSL_add_ssl_algorithms()| and|SSLeay_add_ssl_algorithms()| are
synonyms for|SSL_library_init().|

though 2. is obviously not true (just check the source).

Have you checked my second post about the segfault on program exit?
Later I found this behaviour has been reported long before me (about
March 2002, I can't find the actual message right now), but not identified.