[omniORB] [omniNames]

Bruno PATIN bruno.patin@dassault-aviation.fr
Tue Sep 24 16:28:02 2002

Il s'agit d'un message multivolet au format MIME.
--------------2F70B88F91874F7C66ABCBC2

but how do the client know on what port it can connect to the NameService=
 ? Do
you define a default port for the Name server ?

bruno

Duncan Grisby a =E9crit :

> On Tuesday 24 September, Bruno PATIN wrote:
>
> > To use this value for supportBootstrapAgent made the interoperability
> > between omniORB304 an ominORB4. what I can't understand, is that my
> > client is written in C++ so it's it that use what you name the INIT
> > mechanism ?? no ?
> >
> > To go on this track, where can I get information on this INIT mechani=
sm
> > ? how to make the tnameserv equal in behavior with omniORBXXX ? Last,=
 by
> > default omniNames in 304 version do use this mechanism and not in 4
> > version ? is that right ? what to do on the client side to avoid this
> > sort of problems ?
>
> The INIT mechanism was first used by Sun's NEO ORB, and was used in
> the Java ORB up to JDK 1.3. omniORB 2 used it as its default bootstrap
> mechanism. It was already obsolete in omniORB 3. Your omniORB 3 client
> is using it because you have used the obsolete ORBInitialHost /
> ORBInitialPort configuration mechanism, rather than the current
> interoperable naming service, with a corbaname URI.
>
> If you change your omniORB 3 config file (or Windows registry) to say
>
>   ORBInitRef NameService=3Dcorbaname::my.host.name
>
> (putting in the right host name), it won't use the obsolete INIT
> mechanism any more.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Duncan.
>
> --
>  -- Duncan Grisby         --
>   -- duncan@grisby.org     --
>    -- http://www.grisby.org --

--------------2F70B88F91874F7C66ABCBC2

begin:vcard=20
n:patin;bruno
tel;fax:0147115365
tel;work:0147115854
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.dassault-aviation.fr
org:Dassault Aviation;DPR/ESA
adr:;;78 Quai Marcel Dassault;Saint Cloud;;92552;France
version:2.1
email;internet:bruno.patin@dassault-aviation.fr
title:Ing=E9nieur R&D
fn:bruno patin