[omniORB] Corba,Linux beginner problems with naming service again

bitostef@katamail.com bitostef@katamail.com
Tue Sep 24 11:20:02 2002

> Hi Arnauld,
>
>   You do indeed usually need a config file for omniORB,
> if you look in section 1.2 "Setting up you environment",
> you will find a small description, but the template
> configuration file "sample.cfg" is more enlightening
> reading material, as it is very nicely commented.
>   The exception, you are getting, basically means, that
> the program needs to know, where the nameservice is, but
> you have not configured that.
>   I also do not like the "omniorb:warning:the local loop
> back interface (127.0.0.1) is used as this server's address"
> bit. Your host ought to have more than just the loopback
> interface.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Bjorn

thanks for your help , but i've not solved the problem yet.
First of all i've installed omniorb e omniorbpy on a pc at university whose address is  of the kind " www...." and everything works .On my own pc(at home) i've tried the following configurations:
InitRef=NameService=corbaname(and corbaloc)::127.0.0.1
ORBInitRef=as above
My pc isn't connected to any net so i use the local host , omniNames has been started without options (port 2809).I've put the configuration files in home/stefano/logdir (at university it is in usr/local/etc) and configured all the envir. variables as described in section 1.2, all files have all permission granted to all .
At least i'd be happy if someone could suggest any interesting idea to test omniorb and omniorbpy performances on a cluster of pc ,wich is my degree final work .
Thanks again for your help and attention
Regards
Stefano Bitossi

Fai i tuoi acquisti su www.kwshopping.it