[omniORB] [omniNames]

bjorn rohde jensen bjensen@fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 23 21:28:01 2002

Hi Bruno,

  I have never had any interoperability problems between
omniORB304 and omniORB4. There is ofcourse the matter of
omniORB304 not supporting GIOP 1.2, but the orbs should
use lowest common GIOP version by themselves.
  It would be nice, if you could post the client code or
something similar to help investigate this problem:)
  The sun java orb, to my knowledge, uses its INIT mechanism,
when you call orb.resolve_initial_references in java. I
seem to recall having gotten java and c++ clients and servers
to talk happily using omniNames, but it is a while back.
I will check on that too:)

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn