[omniORB] [omniNames]

bruno patin bruno.patin@wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 23 21:12:01 2002

bjorn rohde jensen wrote:

> Hi Bruno,
>
>  Are you using the proprietary INIT mechanism
> of the SUN Java orb?

As you already understand, I use corba in order not to know anything of
the underlying mechanisms so the answer is I don't know. But I will see
and tell you as soon as possible.

> You have to set
> supportBootstrapAgent=1 in the config file to
> get omniORB4 to support that.

I'll try but what for omnoORB304/omniORB4 interoperability ??

> It is off by default,
> which is a good idea, since you really should
> not use the INIT mechanism. I dont really see
> anything suspicious in the traces or config file
> besides that.

What can I do to complete the description ? What I send you was an
unknow vlient that tried to connect to different Namservices. I can give
you what is done by this client ... I'm really in a mess because I have
to plug java object (visualisation) on C++ ones through the Namservice.

Thanks for your help no matter the result.

bruno