AW: [omniORB] configure stops on sizeof (char) for 4_0_RC_1 on Su SE 7.0 (and Solaris)

Pfeiffer Daniel Daniel.Pfeiffer@Start.de
Mon Sep 23 18:23:01 2002

Hi,

> Duncan Grisby <duncan@grisby.org> schrieb:
>
> On Friday 20 September, Pfeiffer Daniel wrote:
>
> > > in config.log it sais:
> > > configure:4181: error: cannot compute sizeof (char), 77
> >
> > I get exactly the same problem on Solaris with 4.0-rc1 using
> > CC: Sun WorkShop 6 update 1 C++ 5.2 2000/09/11
>
> Strange. It works fine on SourceForge's compile farm Solaris machine,
> using exactly the same compiler.
>
> Is there anything useful in the config.log?

No there wasn't, but strangely it worked this time.  The stupid thing about
configure is that it doesn't seem to log the compiler output.  I guess, at
that point all our floating licences were exhausted, so the compiler failed.
I wonder though why it happened 2 or 3 times at the same spot...

best regards
Daniel