[omniORB] Cannot initialize SSL support at all

Vladimir Panov gbr@netel.bg
Mon Sep 23 10:11:02 2002

I came upon a bug so obvious, that I can't believe the problem is not in
myself.

I built the CVS version of omniORB with SSL support. Then I built the
ssl_echo example. Upon startup, eg2_impl says:

omniORB: sslContext.cc : error:140A90A1:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_new:library
has no ciphers

and then throws CORBA::SystemException (see
src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/ssl/sslContext.cc, line 119).
The obvious problem is that prior to calling SSL_CTX_new() one should
have called SSL_library_init(). Am I supposed to do this myself? If
'yes", why do the examples not do it?

Or is it anything else I haven't figured out?