[omniORB] configure stops on sizeof (char) for 4_0_RC_1 on SuSE 7.0

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Sat Sep 21 23:58:41 2002

On Wednesday 18 September, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Heinrich_G=F6tzger?= wrote:

> checking size of char... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (char),
> 77
>
> in config.log it sais:
> configure:4181: error: cannot compute sizeof (char), 77
>
> I can't find a hint in google on what is missing on my mashine.

I have no idea. Is there any more information in config.log?  Autoconf
seems to use a bizarre binary search thing to figure out type sizes,
to avoid having to execute code, so the checks work for cross
compilers. I'm not totally surprised it fails.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --