[omniORB] Minor build problem with omniORBpy

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Sat Sep 21 23:41:01 2002

On Wednesday 18 September, Julian Satchell wrote:

> Make worked fine, but make install wanted to put everything in
> $prefix/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages, where X.Y  matched the default
> system python.  I wanted things to go into
> /my/wacky/lib/pythonN.M/site-packages, where the non-standard python
> (version N.M) expects to find modules.

Are you sure?  It should have wanted to put it in
$prefix/lib/pythonN.M/site-packages. The general consensus in the
autoconf world seems to be that Python things should go to where the
prefix said, rather than where the Python interpreter itself lives.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --