[omniORB] Unresolved external symbols

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Sat Sep 21 23:09:01 2002

On Monday 16 September, "Yevgeny Terov" wrote:

> I'm sorry if this question has been already posted here, but there are
> plenty of questions on unresolved externals and linkage errors.
> I use the source distribution omniORB-4.0.0-rc1, MSVC6.0 + SP3, Windows
> 2000.

I don't know what the cause of your error is. The omniORB build works
fine for me with MSVC6.0 SP3, although on Windows XP rather than 2000.
It certainly worked on 2000 when I last had my hands on that.

Are you sure you have a complete omniORB distribution, not a result of
a combination of an old version and something newer?  That might
explain the errors.

Either way, try with a completely clean omniORB distribution and build
everything from scratch. That might solve it. A while ago I had a
Windows machine that would randomly fail compiles every so often;
simply repeating the compile would fix it.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --