[omniORB] [omniNames]

Bjorn R. Jensen bjensen@fastmail.fm
Sat Sep 21 13:29:00 2002

Hi Bruno,

 I am not quite sure, what you by not being able to use the name
 service.
To my knowledge the syntax of omniNames itself has not changed at all
since
version 3.0.4, although i am not sure, you can reuse an omniORB3.0.4
log
file for an omniORB4 omniNames.
 The configuration file has changed significantly from version 3.0.4 to
version 4. You should have a look at "sample.cfg" in the omniORB4
distribution root. It contains lots of options and explanatory comments
about them. You might want to pay special attention to the section with
initial references, where you probably would want to add something like
InitRef NameService=corbaloc::host.domain:port
 If you still have problems, please post a more detailed description:)

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn