[omniORB] Omniidl backends

Karl Waclawek karl@waclawek.net
Fri Sep 20 17:22:01 2002

> I'd also looked at it (version 3.0.4) for generating wrappers for a
> proprietary mainframe language.  I was quite disheartened at the complexity.
> I wonder if this could't have been done in a simpler fashion.  But I didn't
> spend too much thought on it as yet.

Just curious: Would it have made your job simpler if OmniORB
had a C language binding? I was looking at ORBit, which
seems to be the only ORB with C bindings. However, they
have not maintained their Win32 port and never integrated
it into their main source tree, so the current version
is basically Linux only.

> Bear in mind that Delphi is also available for Linux (already in Version 3).
> So making a windows-specific solution would be a hack.

I know. :-(

Best regards,

Karl