[omniORB] Ominorb 4 + AIX 5.1 + gcc 295

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Sep 18 17:03:00 2002

On Wednesday 18 September, Stephen Kitchener wrote:

> Has anyone got the above combination to work ?. I am trying to compile
> omniorb 4, configure seems to be running ok, but when I get to type make
> I get the error
>
> mk/beforeauto.mk:891: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>
> When I look at the file it is refering to an ifdef for an IRIX.

But if you look a little further down, you'll see the section for AIX,
and an intentional error to say that AIX isn't supported with the
autoconf setup yet. For some reason GNU make reports the error on the
wrong line.

I don't know if omniORB can be made to work with GCC on AIX. If it
can, and you can figure out what needs to be in beforeauto.mk, that
section can be completed.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --