[omniORB] configure stops on sizeof (char) for 4_0_RC_1 on SuSE 7.0

Heinrich Götzger Heinrich.Goetzger@exploding-systems.de
Wed Sep 18 15:40:01 2002

Hi,

I try to build a actual snapshot of CVS on a SuSE Linux 7.0 but
unfortunately it fails with following line:

checking size of char... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (char),
77

in config.log it sais:
configure:4181: error: cannot compute sizeof (char), 77

I can't find a hint in google on what is missing on my mashine.
If someone has some ideas, please let me know.
If I can provide some more information please let me know as well.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

kind regards

Heinrich

PS: it builds and runs fine on a SuSE 7.3 or 8.0.