[omniORB] Help on OmniOrb4 and OmniEvents

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Sun Sep 15 23:09:00 2002

On Sunday 15 September, bjorn rohde jensen wrote:

[ CCed to Paul Nader. Paul, people have been asking about omniEvents
recently. Do you have any news? ]

>   The question is, what to do? Would it be possible to
> merge omniEvents into omniORB eventually? Should it be
> reinmplemented to use the POA instead of the BOA?

I last heard from Paul in June, when he was just setting up a
SourceForge project. He said he was planning on updating it to use the
POA. He also said he was busy with all sorts of things, so I'm not
surprised we haven't heard anything since then.

I think it's probably best to keep omniEvents separate from the
omniORB distribution, especially if Paul is still interested in
developing it. I'm open to suggestions though -- if people think it
would be best to incorporate it in the omniORB tree, and Paul agrees,
I'm happy with that.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --