[omniORB] Trouble with multiple ORB implementations...

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Sun Sep 15 22:17:02 2002

On Wednesday 11 September, "Gerke, Tom" wrote:

> My application dynamically links with the OmniORB2 .so libraries.  My
> application also links with another .so library, let's call it library
> 'XXX'.  This 'XXX' library in turn utilizes its own ORB, let's call it
> 'ORB_XXX'.  (Library 'XXX' has been dynamically linked to it's own set of
> 'ORB_XXX' .so libraries.)
> (NOTE: I believe that the other ORB is ORBacus 4.05, but I'm not 100% sure.)

I'm afraid that what you are trying to do is fundamentally impossible.
Both ORBs have to create symbols with the same names as each other, so
clashes are inevitable.

You could, in theory, put everything omniORB related in a different
namespace, but it hasn't been designed with that in mind, so it would
not be an easy task.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --