[omniORB] Wrapping OmniORB2's implementation in its own namespace...

Gerke, Tom tom.gerke@intel.com
Thu Sep 12 20:05:02 2002

I am using OmniORB2 2.8 on RedHat Linux version 7.3.2.96-110.  I am using
gcc compiler version 2.96.

Is there a quick and painless way to wrap OmniORB2's implementation in its
own namespace?

I ask because the software I'm creating must be used in conjunction with
other 3rd party shared libraries that also use CORBA.  I need to make my
application's OmniORB2 usage 'invisible', so that the ORB used by the 3rd
party shared libraries does not conflict with my own ORB usage.  Currently,
my problem is that functions in the CORBA namespace (i.e. string_free()) are
getting called in the OmniORB2 implementation, from the ORB_init() function
in the other ORB's implementation.

Even if the solution is not painless, nor quick, any suggestions are
welcome.

Thanks,
Tom

tom.gerke@intel.com