[omniORB] Building v4.0.beta2 on NT...

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Sep 11 09:51:02 2002

On Monday 9 September, Marcus MacWilliam wrote:

[...]
> initRefs.cc(169) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
>                 (compiler file 'E:\utc\src\\P2\main.c', line 379)

[...]
> Using: MSVC++ v5.0, on NT v4.0 (SP5).

Oh dear. VC++ strikes again. Line 169 of initRefs.cc is very innocent,
so I don't know what's upsetting the compiler. You might try randomly
changing things to see if you can avoid the compiler error. Sounds
silly, I know, but it's the only way to figure out what's upsetting
it.

If possible, try VC++ 6. That definitely works. I'm afraid I don't
have access to VC++ 5, so I can't look into the problem myself.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --