[omniORB] omniORB4b2, darwin, resolving RootPOA throws exception

Rainer Frohnhoefer rain_list@arcor.de
Tue Sep 10 19:47:01 2002

Am Dienstag, 10.09.02 um 12:58 Uhr schrieb Duncan Grisby:

> On Monday 9 September, Rainer Frohnhoefer wrote:
>
>>   I'm having trouble wih omniORB4 beta2 on a freshly updated MacOS X
>> (10.2) system. Build worked like a charm, omniNames is up and running.
>
> I don't understand how omniNames could have been working. Are you sure
> it was?

Now that was a bit of a mystery to me, too ... since I figured that
omniNames uses the same initialization code. But I'm sure it worked;
used it with my Java test clients with OpenORB & JacORB, both utilizing
omniNames.

  How bizarre :)

[snip]

> The problem is that some static initialisers were not running as they
> should have, meaning the POA module was not initialised. I've fixed
> it in CVS, so it should now work.
>
> omniORB 4 was working with an earlier version of MacOS X, so I assume
> they have changed something about the linker. You may find that there
> are other problems in using omniORB because of this. Please report
> them if you encounter any.

  Thanks;  I'll try it as soon as I get back my Mac.

  Regards,
	Rainer.