[omniORB] transport filters in 4.0

tect0003@flashnet.it tect0003@flashnet.it
Tue Sep 10 16:11:01 2002

Duncan,

> There is no specific thing called a "transport filter"
in omniORB 4.

I apologize, Sai-Lai talked just about "filters".
I cite here:
"As for fully encrypting the bytes sent on the wire, I
suggest implement this as a transport. There is (or will
be) a well-defined interface to hook-up a transport at
runtime. No need to recompile omniORB4 of course. There
are other details, such as how to insert the bit of info
into an IOR so that the client knows when to use
your "special" transport, etc. These can also be done via
interceptors."

Is all of this still valid in the sense of the capability
to add new transports without recompiling OmniORB ?
Furthermore, is it possible for an interceptor to reject a
call ? What I would get is to fetch a token at the server
side by an interceptor, and reject the entire call if its
validation fails. The target object should not even know
about this failure.
Is it possible and how ? Throwing an exception from the
interceptor ?
Thanks,

Renzo Tomaselli

renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it