[omniORB] omniORB4b2, darwin, resolving RootPOA throws exception

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Sep 10 11:59:01 2002

On Monday 9 September, Rainer Frohnhoefer wrote:

>   I'm having trouble wih omniORB4 beta2 on a freshly updated MacOS X
> (10.2) system. Build worked like a charm, omniNames is up and running.

I don't understand how omniNames could have been working. Are you sure
it was?

> When I try to start a tiny test server, it fails at

>      // Obtain a reference to the root POA.
>      CORBA::Object_var obj = orb->resolve_initial_references("RootPOA");
>      cout << "poa here?" << endl;
>
>   with a CORBA::Exception.

The problem is that some static initialisers were not running as they
should have, meaning the POA module was not initialised. I've fixed
it in CVS, so it should now work.

omniORB 4 was working with an earlier version of MacOS X, so I assume
they have changed something about the linker. You may find that there
are other problems in using omniORB because of this. Please report
them if you encounter any.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --