[omniORB] omniINSPOA and bidir connections (omniORB4)

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri Sep 6 19:06:01 2002

On Friday 6 September, baileyk@schneider.com wrote:

> I've just looked over the omniMapper source.  It doesn't use a servant
> manager.  It has a dedicated servant for each id -> ref mapping.  Probably
> for good reason, so you may want to duplicate this.

The good reason is that it's impossible to have a servant manager in
the INS POA. To dispatch through a servant manager, the ORB has to
find the POA for the object, and from that find the servant manager.
It finds the POA by getting the POA name out of the object key. The
whole point of the INS POA is that it doesn't put the name of the POA
in its object keys.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --