[omniORB] problems building omniorb shared libraries on linux :-(

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Sep 3 15:41:57 2002

On Friday 30 August, "J. Jansen" wrote:

> I tried to build the shared libraries for omniorb (3.0.5) on linux by
> doing 'make export' under the src (src/lib) dir but only the static
> libaries were build.

Most likely you use the i586_linux_2.0 platform, which is for ancient
pre-glibc Linuxes, that couldn't do shared libraries of omniORB. You
should use the i586_linux_2.0_glibc2.1 platform.

Even better, use the omniORB 4.0 beta, which has autoconf support, so
you don't need to mess with platform files at all.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --