[omniORB] Small tweak for local object detection

Venkateswara Rao Kanaparthi kvrao@winphoria.com
Tue Sep 3 15:28:00 2002

--------------000301060604070502050006

HI,

>>So, any better ideas how to achieve the hot-standby functionality? The
>>basic requirement is that host A be able to vanish (as in the hardware
>>just suddenly goes *POOF!* and is no longer there) and that requests (on
>>persistent objects) be redirected to host B transparently to any client
>>(in particular, clients should not have to get new object references).
>>

>You can publish the addresses of all the replicas in all the IORs,

How we do this on server side? How can I publish an IOR having address
of both Server A and Server b? In my case Server B is a hot-standy for
Server-A. So when server A goes down, client should start using
reference of Server B.

> and
>rely on the clients to do the fail-over. That assumes that the clients
>know how to do that. omniORB 4 clients do.

Should the 'Fall-over ' be taken care by client..or the client's ORB?
In our case client might be on a different ORB, so is there a way to
make them implement this 'fall-over'?

Thanks in advance,
KV Rao.

--------------000301060604070502050006

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
HI,<br>
 cite="mid200209031353.g83Dr1803142@pc1-cmbg2-4-cust148.cam.cable.ntl.com">
    <pre wrap="">So, any better ideas how to achieve the hot-standby functionality? The
basic requirement is that host A be able to vanish (as in the hardware
just suddenly goes *POOF!* and is no longer there) and that requests (on
persistent objects) be redirected to host B transparently to any client
(in particular, clients should not have to get new object references).
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
You can publish the addresses of all the replicas in all the IORs,</pre>
How we do this on server side? How can I publish an IOR having address of
both Server A and Server b? In my case Server B is a hot-standy for Server-A.
So when server A goes down, client should start using reference of Server
B.<br>
 cite="mid200209031353.g83Dr1803142@pc1-cmbg2-4-cust148.cam.cable.ntl.com">
  <pre wrap=""> and
rely on the clients to do the fail-over. That assumes that the clients
know how to do that. omniORB 4 clients do.
  </pre>
Should the 'Fall-over ' be taken care by client..or the client's ORB? <br>
In our case client might be on a different ORB, so is there a way to make
them implement this 'fall-over'?<br>
Thanks in advance,<br>
KV Rao.<br>

--------------000301060604070502050006--