[omniORB] new to linux , problems with omniidl

bitostef@katamail.com bitostef@katamail.com
Tue Sep 3 15:08:01 2002

Hi
I've to install omniORBpy and omniORB 3 under linux red hat 6.x . when i try to run omniidl i have the following messagge:
'Could not open idl compiler module _omniidlmodule.so.
Please make sure it is in directory...(or set the pythonpath environment variable)
The error was ' ../_omniidlmodule.so:undefinied symbol :PyObject_Size''.
I've set all the env variables properly , pythonpath sees the directories and the modules.
I've noticed that _omniidlmodule.so is a link to a shared library , i've downloaded it under win 95 and copied under linux and this time it appeared as an empty file.
I've used omniorbpy alone under windows  ,  can this be done under linux?
Finally i've installed rpm pakages of omniORB 3 , files have been installed into usr/bin and usr/lib directories ; again the omniidl doesn't recognize the back end nor python neither cxx.
Thanks for your attention
Stefano Bitossi

Fai i tuoi acquisti su www.kwshopping.it