[omniORB] arm-linux long double trouble (the end?)

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Sep 3 14:49:00 2002

On Tuesday 6 August, Tobias Hunger wrote:

Sorry it's nearly a month since you asked this. It got buried under
lots of other stuff...

> I tracked the problem back to the file omni/idl/corbaidl.idl (all
> this is from the latest omniorb 4 snapshot):

[...]
> Removing anything between #ifdef HAS_LongDouble and the correspondig
> #endif fixes my problem the real way. What I wonder now is where
> those defines get set. Does omniidl do that somewhere? There is
> nothing included. How does this work?

The define is set by omniidl when it is given the -P flag. The problem
you are having is because omniidl was built on a platform that _does_
have long double, so it has that define. I can't think of a clean way
to deal with the issue. Perhaps a configure option to disable long
double?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --