[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.0: Compiling with VS.NET under Windows XP fails

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Oct 30 20:56:01 2002

On Monday 28 October, p.klotz@icoserve.com wrote:

> I am using Windows XP together with Visual Studio.NET and ran into the
> following compile problem.
>
> omniidl.exe segfaults and the make process aborts.

Others have already pointed out that the problem is the
incompatibility of FILE structures between Python, compiled with VC++
6 and VC++ 7.

I think I have checked in a fix for the situation, by using a
temporary file and opening it from omniidl rather than sharing a FILE*
with Python. I can't test it, however, since I don't have VS.NET. Can
someone with VS.NET please try omniidl from CVS and see if it works?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --