[omniORB] Compiling on OSF4.0f using gcc3.2 problems

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Oct 30 16:35:52 2002

On Thursday 24 October, Gary Greyling wrote:

> omniidl: (The error was 'Unresolved symbol in
> /cip0/production/stackpack/compile/DEPS_OSF4/omni/lib/_omniidlmodule.so:
> __cxa_throw')
>
> as i said in the subject i'm using gcc v3.2. Suggestions welcome at
> this stage.

Perhaps _omniidlmodule.so is not correctly linked to libstdc++ like it
should be. Try running ldd _omniidlmodule.so. (Assuming OSF has ldd --
I'm sure it has something equivalent if not.)  If it doesn't list
libstdc++ or lists the wrong one, that's the problem. Then the issue
will be to figure out why it's wrong. What command is used to link it
in the make output?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --