[OmniORB] "pure virtual method called"

bjorn rohde jensen bjensen@fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 29 17:48:00 2002

Hi Cameron,

  I think, i have had this happen for me a few times. In my
cases the cause was always with mixing two different versions
of omniORB. That is compiling against one and (runtime) linking
against the other by accident.
  The problem is that changes to omniORB can cause the layout
of the classes and such to change slightly, and the inlined
methods will assume the layout determined from the headers,
but this might not be completely the same as that of the
libraries.
  This might be the cause of your problems but then again, it
might not;) You should not be able to mix up omniORB3 and
omniORB4 libs though.

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn