[omniORB] Using omniORB server with java applet client..

steinhoffc@schneider.com steinhoffc@schneider.com
Tue Oct 29 12:34:01 2002

I have done some testing with Java and omniORB. It seems that in JVM 1.2.2
everything work fine (except suppot for GIOP 1.1 or 1.2). I was able to
connect to a server and run, but we are moving forward to 1.4 and I seem to
be having a lot of troubles. I also get the orb, the name service but
recieve COMM_FAILUREs while trying to resolve the object. The funny thing
about the messages is it always goes to 192.168.1.0 port 2809 no matter
what I put in the -ORBInitialPort  or -ORBInitialHost  parameters. I am
currently trying to work through the issue and will keep the forum up to
date if I make any progress......

Here is the Stack Trace....
org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: Operation timed out:
connect:host=192.168.1.0,port=2809  minor code: 4942F301  completed: No
     at
com.ibm.CORBA.transport.TransportConnectionBase.connect(TransportConnectionBase.java:300)
     at
com.ibm.rmi.transport.TCPTransport.getConnection(TCPTransport.java:177)
     at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.TransportManager.get(TransportManager.java:82)
     at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.GIOPImpl.createRequest(GIOPImpl.java:131)
     at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.GIOPImpl.createRequest(GIOPImpl.java:99)
     at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ClientDelegate.
_createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:2360)
     at
com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1263)
     at com.ibm.rmi.corba.RequestImpl.doInvocation(RequestImpl.java:297)
     at com.ibm.rmi.corba.RequestImpl.invoke(RequestImpl.java:245)
     at org.omg.CosNaming._NamingContextStub.resolve
(_NamingContextStub.java:170)
     at
sli.v49393.omniorb.utilities.BaseOrbClient.run(BaseOrbClient.java:37)
     at
sli.v49393.omniorb.myecho.myEchoClientRunner.main(myEchoClientRunner.java:14)

                                     Thanks
                                                Craig
Craig Steinhoff
UW-736
920-592-2229

                    Daniel Greenblatt
                    <dan@cgl.ucsf.edu>                 To:     omniorb-list@omniorb-support.com
                    Sent by:                           cc:
                    omniorb-list-admin@omniorb-s       Fax to:
                    upport.com                         Subject:     [omniORB] Using omniORB server with java applet client..

                    10/28/2002 04:35 PM

Are there any known issues with using a java client applet (written in
java idl) to access objects via omniNames??

I'm running a java client applet with java1.4, and the server is written
with omniORB3..

I know there are several docs scattered around the web that all give
different information on how to do this. I've followed several of these
with varied success. The farthest I've gotten is to be able to resolve the
root context, but I am unable to resolve any objects (I get a
corba.COMM_FAILURE when I attempt this)...

I'm not sure if this is more of a java question than an omniORB question,
so I apologize in advance if this is out of the realm of this mailing
list. But if anyone has had any experience with this, any advice would be
greatly appreciated....

Thanks,
Dan Greenblatt