[omniORB] Re: segmentation fault , context already bound but can't access it?

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Oct 22 15:55:02 2002

On Friday 18 October, bjorn rohde jensen wrote:

>   I wish, i knew Python, it sure would help this little
> bug hunt;) Judging from the line:
>
> throw giopstream:: CommFailure from giopStream.cc:812
>        (0,NO,COMM_FAILURE_UnMarshallArguments)
> Segmentation Fault (here exit)
>
> i would say, it is a problem unmarshalling the invocation
> from your python client. Maybe the parameters in the
> call on the client side is malformed, or the IDL used
> by the client and server differs in some way?

No -- the exception is completely normal, and represents the server
noticing that the client has cone away. The UnmarshalArguments just
means that the server was waiting for some arguments to unmarshal
(i.e. a new call), when the connection was closed. That's normal.
What isn't normal is that the code should have caught the exception
and dealt with it. Exception handling is clearly broken on this
machine.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --