[omniORB] Please Help: Compiling omniORB on SINIX (Binaries?)

Michael Forstner Michael.Forstner@cpg.de
Wed Oct 16 08:07:00 2002

Hello all,

I try to compile omniORB 3.0.5 and 4.0.0 under Reliant Unix (SINIX) 5.45 and the linker always stops on the C-Preprocessor:

make export in omniORB 3.0.5:
[...]
cc -c -g -KPIC -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.  -I../../../../../include -D__SINIX__ -DY
YDEBUG -D__mips__ -D__OSVERSION__=5 -o config.o config.c
cc -c -g -KPIC -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.  -I../../../../../include -D__SINIX__ -DY
YDEBUG -D__mips__ -D__OSVERSION__=5 -o alloca.o alloca.c
+ rm -f omnicpp
+ cc -o omnicpp -g -KPIC -L../../../../../lib/mips_sinux_5.43 cexp.o cccp.o conf
ig.o alloca.o
bzero                               cccp.o
bcopy                               cccp.o
bcmp                                cccp.o
index                               cccp.o
rindex                              cccp.o
ld: omnicpp: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to omnicp
make: *** [omnicpp] Error 1
[...]

make export in omniORB 4.0.0 is the same result expect of one thing:
The linker seems to find "bzero", "bcopy", and "bcmp" but still no "index" and "rindex".

Can anyone help? Who compiled omniORB successfull under SINIX? Has anyone binaries?

Thank you,
Michael Forstner