[omniORB] OmniNotify Idea

Janet Tvedt tvedt@noao.edu
Fri Oct 4 17:34:01 2002

Matthew,

You don't need a NotifyManager interface.  The interfaces to connect
consumers and suppliers to the notification event channel are already
defined.

The IDL needs to be compiled into Java.  Then you develop Java-based
consumers and suppliers.  I have a Java implementation for the
StructuredPushConsumer and a StructuredPushSupplier interfaces.
I can send it to you if you are interested.

Janet Tvedt, National Solar Observatory/SOLIS   Email: tvedt@noao.edu
P.O. Box 26732, Tucson, AZ  85732-6732          Phone: (520) 318-8388
950 N. Cherry Ave., Tucson, AZ  85719           FAX:   (520) 318-8278