[omniORB] Strange behavior when linking with omniORB and RTI

Geobert QUACH gq@axlog.fr
Fri Oct 4 14:11:01 2002

Hello,

I'm working on a product that use omniORB and an High Level Architecture
(HLA) RTI (Runtime Infrastructure).

I have made a simple test :
#include <RTI.hh>
#incldue <fedtime.hh>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    cout << "begin" << endl;
    RTI::RTIambassador rtiAmb;
    cout << "end" << endl;
}

when I compile this without omniORB, the object instanciation goes well and
the program finishes.

But if I link with omniORB (-lomniORB4 -lomnithread), it freezes during the
instanciation (print the "begin" but not the "end"). I tried with omniORB
3.0.5 and omniORB 4.0.0.

I post here because there's no support anymore for the RTI and I hope someone
here already encounter this strange problem that involve omniORB in some kind
of way.

Thanks for reading me.

Greetings,
Geobert QUACH